The 50 Shades of Grey Style
After being dragged to see 50 Shades Of Grey by my girlfriend against my wishes, I knew I would be in for a questionable treat, however it certainly gave me some inspiration for this blog post! I can definitely say I didn’t enjoy the film but I can’t argue that Mr Grey is one stylish “gentleman” and isn’t scared to spend a penny or two. Take a look at look at 50 of the most expensive and elaborate items that Christian Grey owns. I hope you enjoy!
1. Apple MacBook Air ($1,749 all tricked out) - Apple features heavily as the operating system of choice for Mr Grey, from what he uses personally, to his staff to the gift he gives to Ana.
3. Black-faced Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Co-Axial Chronograph ($26,500). This watch was not seen much in the film but it was spoken about by the set designers and mentioned to be in the scenes of the Red Room of Pain.
4. Dunhill Silver Knot and Rod Cufflinks ($991). These were very difficult to find in the movie stills, which is odd because a close up shot of Christian adjusting his cufflinks would have been expected! These were apparently a gift to the staff as a joke and to compliment Christian's lifestyle discreetly.
6. The condoms are by Trojan (a tell-tale glint of gold means Magnums, a box of 26 $19.99). This is another I was surprised to not find an image of, since the fan girls would render the image of Christian tearing the foil with his teeth a raunchy setting.
7. Christian’s sex jeans are by a random Canadian “that Erika was very specific on the look of,” according to Bridges. Though it has been rumoured they are in fact Diesel. Everyman should have a pair of good quality relaxed jeans that they don’t mind what gets on them.
13. Thin cashmere sweaters by Malo ($289). Your girl will appreciate something soft when you’re throwing her up against the wall surely. Girls like that, right?
16. John Varvatos Tee ($198). I know we are all gents here with a certain level of style and class, but I don’t know why the set designers couldn’t have just gone to Burtons.
18. Flugzeugbau DG-1001 Sailplane ($150,000) another aircraft - wouldn’t pass up being best mates with him.
19. Bose Noise Cancelling Headsets - There was no gifs or images of this scene that didn’t look incredibly awkward.
21. First-Edition Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy (somewhere in the neighbourhood of $14,000). Personally I would send flowers to my girlfriend first.
22. Heathman Hotel (from $329 a night) This is actually pretty romantic - If he hadn’t sort of kidnapped her from the pub whilst she was black out drunk and slept next to her the whole night after only one or two meetings.
29. Milo Baughman Dining Chairs (from $1,198 for reproductions). You can find a similar table on Etsy for $17,355.
30. Symphony Side Board and Avenue Folding Screen by Portuguese designers Boca Do Lobo; Just look at how sensually that drawer closes.
31. That De Gournay of England Wallpaper is approximately $12,000 a room. Now this is getting rather ridiculous, I would be quite happy with B&Q.
32. Blu Stone Freestanding Tub (from $7,150) they get busy in, by the way. Your water bill will be big with that tub.
35. Love Honey supplied all the kinky bits. For what it’s worth the film having next to no sex in it, the sex montages straight from the 90's were worth waiting for...
38. Zimmerli Boxers ($85) Dubbed as the finest underwear in the world it’s no surprise Mr Grey is wearing them (well sometimes).
39. Anto Beverly Hills America's leading shirt maker sewed the custom shirts at around $300.
48. Allan Switzer’s "Torso Totem" - I actually think this is awesome! Would love to have this in my house! Wouldn’t you?
49. Gary Hume "Begging For It" - For all I appreciate art, I hope this wasn’t expensive, I think I could have painted this!
50. Peter Millet’s "Weeping Woman" - I can't really figure out what she’s weeping about but hey, it looks good!