How to tie a Cravat - Step by Step Guide
Mainly worn on formal occasions, such as weddings, cravats are a symbol of
elegance and style. To ensure that your cravat looks perfect, at 1st Choice
Cufflinks we have provided a step by step guide on how to tie a cravat
It is fairly easy to learn how to tie a cravat, it just takes a little
practice and before long you will be an expert. Although it is a fairly simple
knot to learn, if done correctly, the results are outstanding.
Our guide below provides a detailed explanation on how to tie a formal
cravat, which is worn over the shirt. If you are wearing a more informal day
cravat, which is tucked into the shirt, a simple end over end knot is required.
After you have selected what cravat you want to wear, stand in front of a
mirror and follow our step by step guide below. If it doesn’t feel or look right
the first time you do it just start again until you are happy.
Step by step guide on how to tie a cravat:
1) Begin by wrapping your cravat around your neck and extend the right end
longer than the left.
2) Cross the long end over the short end.
3) Now bring the long end underneath the short end.
4) Wrap the longer end over the top again.
5) Now bring the long end up and through the loop. If you are after the
traditional way of wearing a cravat move onto the next step. For those of you
who want the Scrunch or Ruche style please move on to step 7.
6) For the traditional way of wearing a formal cravat, simply bring the long
end down over the knot and adjust accordingly with the shorter end. Secure it by
using a cravat pin.
7) For a Scrunch or Ruche ignore step 6 and bring the longer end down through
the knot, the same way you would with a normal necktie. Again, to adjust simply
use the shorter end until you are happy.
to Tie a Tie - Step by Step Guide
to Tie a Bow Tie - Step by Step Guide
to Wear to a Wedding